Emerging Leaders participants are required to attend five core sessions before the program requirement deadline.
- Sept. 24, 4-5: What kind of leader
- Sept. 26, 2-3: Mental health (new)
- Oct. 1, 4-5: Health and wellness (health and wellness office)
- Oct. 3, 2-3: Time management (bryan shuffield)
- Oct. 8, 4-5: Conflict management (new)
- Oct. 10, 2-3: Choosing happy
- Oct. 15, 4-5: True colors
- Oct. 17, 2-3: ASWSU visit (new) (quinton and jhordin)
- Oct. 22, 4-5: Ambassador's workshop
- Oct. 24, 2-3: Effective Communication
- Oct. 29, 4-5: Stress management
- Oct. 31, 2-3: Public speaking (Mayor)
- Nov. 5, 4-5: Ambassador's workshop
- Nov. 7, 2-3: Cultural awareness (new)
- Nov. 12, 4-5: Motivation
- Nov. 14, 2-3: Giving and receiving feedback
- Nov. 19, 4-5: How to put in events
Spring Emerging Leader applications open in November 2018. Refer back to this website for more information about spring core sessions.
About the Workshops
These workshops are designed around the first three C's of the social change model: consciousness of self, congruence, and commitment. You will learn more about yourself and your leadership values, as well as how to be most successful in school and campus life at WSU. Specific topics include communication, delegation, time management, financial wellbeing, exploring values, happiness and cultural competency.