RSO Achievement Awards
The RSO Achievement Awards recognize the outstanding leadership, programs, and achievements of Washington State University’s Registered Student Organizations. RSOs who have applied or have been nominated for an award will be invited to attend the banquet. Representatives from the RSO must be present at the awards banquet to win an award. Apply or nominate on Cougsync by March 8th
RSO Achievement Awards Banquet will be celebrated on April 3rd at 6:00 pm.
Registered Student Organization of the Year
The Registered Student Organization of the Year award recognizes an organization that makes a significant effort to further its purpose through its contribution to Washington State University and the Pullman community. The organization demonstrates consistent flexibility, initiative, creativity, and perseverance through their activities and programs. The organization embodies the WSU spirit through its commitment to leadership development, collaboration among groups, and programming efforts to enhance the quality of campus life at Washington State University. The Registered Student Organization of the Year is considered a role model for other organizations on our campus.
New Registered Student Organization of the Year
This award recognizes a new organization that enhances the WSU community and maintains active and consistent operations. Only student organizations that were established between January 2018 – December 2018 are eligible for this award.
Outstanding Organization Categories (3)
These awards recognize THREE organizations who exemplify outstanding achievements in the following categories.
- Education/Academic: This award recognizes a student organization that demonstrates how their academic/educational emphasis provides a co-curricular learning experience beyond the classroom for students to engage with.
- Cultural: This award recognizes an organization that demonstrates how their cultural identity helps foster an inclusive environment with an emphasis on increasing understanding, acceptance, and tolerance among the WSU community.
- Special Interest: This award recognizes an organization that demonstrates how their focus on building community through positive interaction with their peers provides value to the WSU community.
Event/Program of the Year
This award recognizes a registered student organization for the development, preparation, and implementation of an outstanding event that fulfilled the organization’s mission through its service to the WSU community. All types of events, including social, cultural, recreational, educational, etc. are eligible.
Outstanding Event Categories (4)
These awards recognize FOUR organization events/programs that have exemplified outstanding achievements and meaningful impact in the following categories. Groups are eligible to apply for multiple categories.
- Education/Academic: This award recognizes a student organization event that provides a transformational, outside of the classroom learning experience.
- Cultural: This award recognizes a student organization event that demonstrates a commitment to celebrating diversity within the WSU community.
- Spirit of Service: This award recognizes an outstanding student organization event that reflected a dedication to service and/or the environment and demonstrated excellence in community service with the intent to impact the campus or community.
- Collaboration: This award recognizes a group of organizations (two or more) that have worked together to sponsor or host an event which benefited the WSU community and demonstrated excellence and success as a result of working together.
The following student organizations are not eligible:
- Greek Organizations
- Residence Hall Organizations
- ASWSU Exec/Senate/Auxiliaries
- Student Entertainment Board